The trend of HP Wireless scanning and printing devices is in full swing. People are getting great peace of mind while using wireless HP Printers. HP Printers are laced with a variety of features such as scanning, copying, and faxing. HP Printers can scan any type of 2D image, like photographs and sketches. You can scan your art and send it directly to your Windows/Mac computer in a personalized way. The scanning and saving process of a document using the HP Printer is not so complex and you can also easily do so by setting up an HP Printer scan to computer.
To set up the scan on your computer, you need to install the HP Smart app on your computer. Once you install this app, you are ready to scan the document using your HP Printer. While carrying out this process, it is necessary to keep your printer ON and connected with the WiFi network. This read is for those people who are interested to learn about the HP Printer scan to computer process.
What is a scan button on HP Printer?
HP Printer that is laced with the scan features comes with a common scan button that is given on the front of the printer. Once you click this button, you will be ready to scan the document that you have placed inside the printer’s upper case. People who have an HP Printer can easily print a document using the button given on it. Before pressing the button, make sure that the printer is connected to an AC power source to avoid delay.
How to scan a document on HP Printer to Computer?
You can scan a document on HP Printer to the computer by following the steps that are given below. But before that, you need to install the HP Smart app on your computer. In case you are not aware of the process to install the app then you can also complete it with these steps:
- Using a browser, visit the HP Printer Support Page
- From this page, get to the HP Smart App Setup file
- Click ‘Download’ to get the setup file on your computer
- Now, click on the setup file and follow the path to install the app
- After installing the app, turn on the HP Printer
- Lift the lid and place the document inside it
- Now, press the scan button on HP Printer
- Head to the computer and open the Smart App on it
- Now, find the ‘Scan’ button and click on it
- The scanned document will be available on your computer
- Follow the path to save the document on it
- Finally, you have scanned a document and saved it on your computer
How to scan on HP printer to Mac?
People who are using a Mac to scan a document need to follow the steps that are given below to add it to your device:
- Visit the HP Printer official site using a browser on your Mac
- Find the HP Smart App setup file download button and click on it
- After downloading the app, follow the path to install it on your Mac
- Once the app is installed, open it on your device
- Turn on your HP Printer and place the document inside it
- Find and press the scan button on HP Printer
- Now, choose the ‘Scan’ option from your Mac
- Let the file be scanned on your device
- Follow the path to save the file in the desired folder
- Now, you have completed the steps for the HP Printer scan to the computer
Way to set up scan to email on HP Printer
HP Printer users can set up an email on it by approaching the steps that are given below:
- Open the HP Printer Assistant app on your computer
- Now, you need to visit the ‘Settings’ area
- Find the ‘Additional Settings’ option and click it
- Now, you need to click the ‘Open Embedded Web Server’ option
- From the scan settings area, click the ‘Scan to Email’ option
- Enter an email address the required field
- Then, find and click the ‘Begin Scan to Email’ option
- Finally, you have set up scan to email on HP Printer
Way to Scan multiple pages to PDF HP Printer
You can create a PDF copy of different pages that you are looking to scan via HP Printer. In case you are not familiar with the scan multiple pages to PDF HP Printer then you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- Turn the printer ON and lift the scanner glass
- Now, place the pages that you want to scan
- Press the ‘Scan’ button and the head to your computer
- Open the HP Smart App on it, and click the ‘Scan’ option
- Let the documents be scanned to computer and then click the ‘Add more’ option
- After adding all the pages, find and click the ‘Save as PDF’ option
- Now, the multiple pages will be merged into a single PDF file
- Click the ‘Save’ button to save the PDF file
In short, setting up the HP Printer scan to computer process is easy and you can easily scan a document and save it to your computer. But to do so, you may be asked to install the HP Smart App on your Mac or Windows computer. To help the people who are not sure about the way to scan a document using the Mac, we have mentioned the simplified steps above on this page. We are sure that you will be able to scan a document on HP Printer and save it to your computer by referring to this post.