HP laptops are being used on a huge scale in different countries of the world. Whether you are an IT professional, a student, or a gamer, HP laptops come in great sorts of ranges. However, an HP laptop may not always give you expected results. And, recently a lot of users have started to feel that their HP laptop has started to give them glitches. Although they were able to fix other glitches, they could not come up with solutions to fix the “HP laptop black screen error on startup” on their devices.
Therefore, in the sections below, we are going to list some common solutions along with the reasons why you are facing the issues. Additionally, we shall be looking at different scenarios in which you may face the same or similar issue.
What causes HP laptop black screen of death?
There are different scenarios or factors that may cause your device to show the black screen of death. One of the few reasons why you may be facing this issue could be due to the following reasons:
- In case the graphic is not properly placed on the motherboard of your device
- The RAM inside your device is not correctly seated
- Additionally, the error may also be caused due to the dead screen inverter
- Apart from this, if the operating system of your device is outdated, then also you’d face issues on the laptop startup
Fix HP black screen of death on laptops with non-removable batteries
Although one of the best solutions to fix the HP Laptop Black Screen Error on Startup is to hard reset the laptop. For this, you need to make sure that your device’s battery is removable. However, if you see an HP black screen of death non-removable battery then you need to try another solution to fix the error. So, here is the alternative solution you can go ahead with:
Solution: Restart the explorer.exe procedure
- While you see the black screen, press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on your keyboard
- This shall open the task manager on your device
- Here, you need to click on the “Details” tab
- From here, select the “explorer.exe” option
- Followed by this, tap on the “End Task” option
- After this, try and reboot the system to see if the issue is resolved
If your HP laptop won’t turn on even after this, you may need to take your laptop to a technician.
Fix HP laptop Black screen on the startup of Windows 10
Sometimes, the presence of faulty hardware may cause certain issues on your device and in that scenario, the only way left for you is to fix the problem by hard resetting the HP laptop. So, let us have a look at the steps that we need to undergo to hard reset your laptop:
- To begin, you need to turn off the laptop
- After that, you have to detach any cables that are plugged into the hard drive
- Take off the battery from the laptop
- If you have plugged any USB into the laptop, then take it off
- After this, long-press the power button on your laptop for some time
- Re-attach the battery into the given space
- Plugin the charger and reboot the system to fix the
If that does not help resolve the issue, start the system in Safe Mode.
HP laptop black screen at startup with no access to sign in
Even after performing the hard reset on your device, if you want to avoid experiencing the same issue on your device, then you should disable the fast start-up on your device. For this, you can follow the easy instructions that I have shared below and help yourself to avoid facing the HP Laptop Black Screen Error on Startup issue:
- To begin the process, press the Win + X keys on your keyboard
- From here, select the “Control Panel” on your device
- Now, tap on the “Power Options” menu
- Then, click on the “Choose what the power buttons do” option
- This shall open the “System Settings” window on your screen
- Thereafter, you will see the Admin settings window
- Here, you need to choose the “Change settings that are currently unavailable”
- Now, go to the “Shut down settings”
- Then, uncheck the box next to “Turn on fast startup”
- Now, tap on the “Save Changes” option
Finally, you have to reboot your system and you’ll be able to figure out if the issue is resolved or not.
Although HP laptop black screen error on startup is not hard to resolve, at times, you are only left with one solution i.e. hard reset the laptop. However, we have also mentioned some other working solutions to fix the issue so that if one solution does not work, we may use some other solutions as well. If you do not want to face this issue, again and again, you can make the necessary changes in the startup settings.