If you are using an HP printer then you might be aware of some of the information related to the ink cartridges. There are basically two types of cartridges you can choose for your printer, which are Original, Compatible, Remanufactured, and Refilled. Here, through this article, we will discuss the instructions to be followed for the HP printer to recognize the refilled cartridge. Let us understand the basics first, the refilled cartridges are the ones that you can reuse by refilling with the special kit at home. This option is very much economical and it suits the best when you have to deal with a large number of printing commands as you can refill it anytime you wish to. Unfortunately, sometimes you can easily find yourself stuck when the HP printer is not recognizing the refilled cartridge. Let’s talk more about it!
What are the possible difficulties and the ways to fix them?
Here in this section, you will find out all the possible ways to work with a hp printer to recognize the refilled cartridge, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, you have to turn off the printer and turn it on after 30-60 seconds.
- Then you have to remove and reinsert the cartridge till you hear a click sound.
- You might need to clean the contacts on the cartridge from the paint, for this, remove the cartridge and wipe the contacts with alcohol wipes.
- You can also clean and then check the integrity of the contacts on the printer print head.
- If nothing works for you then you need to get assistance from the technical experts available online.
Can all the cartridges be refilled?
You need to understand that not all the cartridges can be refilled or reused, so you might be simply using them. The disposable one. Usually, you can locate the “Intended for single use only” option on your cartridge if it is not meant to be refilled. Such as these cartridges are either made from material that cannot be reused or refilled.
What if your printer remembers empty cartridges?
Another common issue that might occur causing the hp printer to recognize refilled cartridge failure is when the printer in use only remembers the empty cartridges: Here you can deal with the situation and you will just need an additional cartridge, for this you have to follow the steps that are clearly mentioned here:
- First of all, you need to remove the empty cartridge and then refill it.
- Insert the additional full cartridge into the printer.
- Now, turn on the printer and wait for it to print the setup page.
- Remove the additional cartridge before printing an alignment page.
- Turn on the printer and wait for it to print the setup page.
- Insert the refilled cartridge and turn on the printer.
There is too much ink in the cartridge
In this situation you might have poured too much ink into the cartridge, it occurs when the printer won’t recognize the new ink cartridge. This might happen if you have poured too much ink at the time of refilling. That is why it is suggested that the user should read the instructions in the manual and follow them carefully. If you cannot find the manual or have any queries, then you can contact the customer care support team and they will help you right away with a proper set of solutions.
The ink cartridge is dry or clogged
Sometimes, you can see the HP printer ink message pops-up on the screen. The reason for hp printer to recognize refilled cartridge failure error means that the cartridge is dry or clogged up. If you add fresh ink that may not resolve the situation. All you need is to try to wipe the cartridge with a lint-free cloth that is soaked in alcohol. Make sure you avoid touching any metal parts of these cartridges and the chip will not damage the electric contacts.
How to get hp printer to recognize refilled cartridges?
Generally, it is advisable to choose high-quality cartridges and carefully go through the manual as it is the only thing that will save you from a lot of hassle to fix this situation. If you decide to refill the cartridges, it is always a good idea to visit the special shops where skilled professionals will assist you with the refilling process. Furthermore, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, you have to restart the printer and then check if it can able to identify the refilled ink cartridges.
- Look if the ink level status has been changed from low to full.
- Just reset the internal memory to make the hp printer recognize refilled cartridge.
- After this, you have to peel off the protective strips from the nozzle part.
- Check if you have resolved the error of the hp printer to recognize the refilled cartridge.
By the end of this topic, it is expected that you are now clear with the set of instructions to be followed for hp printer to recognize refilled cartridge. However, you can always get assistance from the hp printer support webpage, where the customer support experts or technicians are available round the clock to assist you with the best possible solutions.