Using a Hewlett Packard printer is in itself an amazing experience that could turn out to be a nightmare within minutes if due to any external or internal factors. The most frustrating thing that can happen with an HP Printer is the paper jamming issue. Although this problem is not as big as you might be thinking, it is possible to fix this in a few easy steps. To get past this situation, you simply need to do as discussed in the sections to follow.
In today’s post, we shall learn more details about the HP printer paper jam, fake paper jam, and why is it happening with your printer. Thus to resolve this error, you can continue to read this article till the end and apply the best suitable method.
Fix Hewlett Packard printer paper jam issue
Among several fixes, we shall discuss the solutions that are tried and tested by other users as well:
Clearing off the paper jam manually
- Turn on your printer by pressing the power button on it
- Now, disconnect the power cord while the printer is on
- Then, go to the input tray of your printer
- Speculate it and look for any paper stuck inside it
- If you see any, try to pull them off from your printer
- Look for any other objects that might be stuck in it
- After that, you should rearrange the things and power on your printer
Clean the paper feed rollers
- At first, you need to remove all the paper from the tray
- Now, you need to press the down arrow to choose “Settings” and click “Ok”
- Next up, use the same arrow to select “Tools” and then choose “OK”
- Further, choose the option to “Clean Paper Feed” and choose “OK”
- Finally, wait for the printer to stop and print a test page
Reset you printer
- First of all, you have to power on your printer
- Then, disconnect the power cord from your printer
- Next up, you have to wait for 1 or 2 minute
- Now, plug in the power cord back to the electric outlet and printer
- Press the power button to restart your printer
- Try to print a page and see if the paper jam is still there
Fix HP printer paper jam error but no paper jam
Sometimes, even if there is no actual paper jam but you still see the paper jam error on your printer display. This is known as the false paper jam or fake paper jam. However, you can easily get rid of this false paper jam by using HP Printer Assistant and knowing the cause behind it. To fix this issue, the best thing you can do is reset your printer using the following steps:
Note: to fix the HP Printer paper jam, you need to verify if there is an actual paper jam or not. If yes, then clear off the paper from the input tray, main tray, paper feed rollers, etc.
- While letting the printer stay turned on, disconnect the power cord
- Now, remove the cord from the power outlet
- Wait for 60 seconds before you turn on your printer
- For turning it on, plug back the power cord
- Press the power button on your printer and print a test page
My HP printer says paper jam there isn’t one
Paper jams can be real or false, but you need to figure out if it is a real or false one so that you can find out the relevant solution to fix it. To fix the false paper jam issue, you need to try one of the solutions that I have mentioned above or get your printer serviced. This shall help you in resolving other external problems from your printer as well.
All I would like to say is that this guide is really going to be helpful for you even if you are facing an actual or false paper jam. You just need to apply these solutions one by one in order to troubleshoot this problem completely.