HP Printer users that are using a wireless printer need to go through several stages to connect it with their computer. For many people connecting an HP Printer to the computer is an easy process but there are a lot of people who are still struggling with this process. Only a few people among us know about the WPS PIN and its uses. Yes, that’s true and you must know about the WPS PIN as it is essential to connect your computer to the HP Printer. So, if you are also one of them who are not able to find WPS PIN on the HP Printer then you have visited the right page as we are going to discuss all about the HP Printer WPS PIN on this page.
What is a WPS PIN?
HP Printers that come with wireless features need to be connected to the computer to start printing wirelessly. You can easily connect a printer to the computer with the help of a PIN that is known as a WPS PIN. This PIN helps to establish the connection securely. This is an 8-digit PIN that can be located in the wireless setup wizard of your HP Printer.
Where is the WPS PIN located on my HP Printer?
WPS PIN of an HP Printer is a medium to establish the connection between your computer and printer. You can easily get the WPS PIN from the display of your HP Printer. On some HP Printer models, this PIN is given on the back of the printer or in the manual guide. But on some printers, you may need to generate it by visiting the network setting of the printer. If you are not sure about the way to generate the WPS PIN on your HP Printer then you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- From the control panel of your printer, get and click the ‘WiFi’ button
- Now, navigate yourself to the network settings
- Find and click on the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ option
- Then, you need to choose the ‘Generate WPS PIN’ option
- Now, the WPS PIN for your HP Printer will be displayed on the screen
- Note down the 8-digit WPS PIN from the screen
- Finally, you have generated the WPS PIN on your HP Printer
After getting the WPS PIN on HP Printer, you need to provide it while connecting the printer to the computer. By doing so you will be able to establish the connection on your HP Printer securely.
How do I connect to WiFi without a password and WPS?
You can connect the HP Printer without providing the password details of your router by following the steps that are given below:
- Turn on your HP Printer with the help of the power button
- Now, find and press the WiFi button from the control panel
- Visit the network settings of the printer
- Then, get and select the ‘WiFi Setup’ option
- Now, search for the available networks in your area
- Once you find the address of your router, select it
- Now, find and long-press the WPS button on your router
- Then, the printer will be able to establish a connection with the router
- When the printer gets connected, leave the WPS button
- Finally, you have connected the printer to WiFi without using a password
Note: In case you are facing any type of issue while carrying out the above processes, you need to take the help of an HP Printer Assistant. You can easily get the HP Assistant on your computer by visiting the HP Support page.
To sum up, finding the WPS PIN on HP Printer is not a difficult task. Once you get the WPS PIN, you can quickly connect your printer to the computer. HP Printer WPS PIN is essential to authenticate the connection to your computer. So, make sure to enter the correct PIN to avoid any type of delay. Hopefully, you have learned about how to find WPS PIN on HP Printer.